I’ve had several favorite peanut butter banana muffin recipes, but I’ve been on a chia seed kick lately! They are an amazing superfood full of protein, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients. I’ve been putting them in my smoothies, but decided to get a little creative this morning and throw together a recipe for some yummy banana muffins that my 2 year old and I could enjoy!
The chia seeds and coconut oil are completely optional, but they super healthy and beneficial! They are great ingredients to start incorporating into your daily diets!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 tbs peanut butter
- 1 cup greek yogurt (I used vanilla because that was in my fridge)
- 2 eggs (farm fresh is best!)
- 2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 tbs baking powder
- 1 tbs baking soda
- 2 tbs chia seeds (optional)
- 3 tbs coconut oil (optional, but strongly encouraged!)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees; spray muffin tins
2. Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until oats are smooth (I added the oats a 1/2 cup at a time)
3. Divide batter among muffin tins and bake for 12-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
Super easy to make and quick to bake! These were a big hit with my little man this morning! We shared two, and he asked for one more so I thought I’d get really fancy and top it off with some Nutella! YUM! These definitely won’t last long in this house!