I’ve had several favorite peanut butter banana muffin recipes, but I’ve been on a chia seed kick lately! They are an amazing superfood full of protein, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients. I’ve been putting them in my smoothies, but decided to get a little creative this morning and throw together a recipe for some yummy banana muffins that my 2 year old and I could enjoy!
The chia seeds and coconut oil are completely optional, but they super healthy and beneficial! They are great ingredients to start incorporating into your daily diets!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 tbs peanut butter
- 1 cup greek yogurt (I used vanilla because that was in my fridge)
- 2 eggs (farm fresh is best!)
- 2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 tbs baking powder
- 1 tbs baking soda
- 2 tbs chia seeds (optional)
- 3 tbs coconut oil (optional, but strongly encouraged!)
One of my husbands favorite meals is mini lasagnas! I love them equally because they are so easy and fun to make! When we’re running low on time or just need a quick meal because we’re both too tired to put a lot of effort into anything, these are my go to! My 2 year old even loves them!
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: ~10 minutes
- wontons (usually found in your organic section of the grocery store, or kept with the prepackaged veggies)
- ricotta cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey (or beef if you prefer)
- 1 cup tomato sauce of choice
- Parmesan cheese
- seasonings of preference
- Preheat oven to 400
- Brown ground turkey and season; drain and add sauce
- While waiting for meat to brown, grease cupcake pan and press one wonton in the bottom of each cupcake tray
- When meat is done, spoon the sauce into each wonton
- Spoon in ricotta; sprinkle some mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses
- Cover with another wonton and layer with cheeses again
- Sprinkle some Italian Seasoning on top before popping them into the heated oven
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and wonton edges are brown
Three mini lasagnas is probably a good portion, but honestly, my husband and I both usually go for the fourth because they are so yummy! Because the cupcake pan makes 12, we always have some delicious leftovers, too! These would be a great party appetizer, as well!
I don’t know what kind of stigma I had against the crock pot, but I was afraid to use one for several years. My husband and I bought one a couple years ago, before our son was born, and it sat idly in our kitchen cabinet for much too long.
My good friend Pinterest opened my eyes to the beauty of crock pot meals very recently, however. Since having our second child and again taking on the task of being a stay-at-home mom, not at all realizing how incredibly different two babies is than one, dinner has become more of a challenge than I ever could have imagined. I came across several posts about preparing several crock pot meals at once and freezing them, so all that it takes to make dinner for the next couple of weeks is dumping a bag into the pot!
I HAD to try it! I had my husband “babysit” for a couple hours so that I had plenty of space and alone time to get everything chopped, portioned, and bagged. Trying to keep my 2 year old out of the kitchen and MYSELF from running to my 2 month old every time I heard a peep was not the easiest task, but I am glad I did it! The meals turned out wonderfully! In fact, there was enough in each bag for two dinners and at least one lunch for either my husband or me. Six bags lasted two weeks!
I just made another batch of meals this past Sunday and thought that I would share some of the recipes that I found on Pinterest and in the crock pot recipe books I found laying around. I hope you enjoy them as much as we have
Combine all ingredients for each meal into a gallon freezer bag, mix it together, push out all the remaining air, and freeze! Simple as that! When ever you’re ready for a meal, put the bag in the refrigerator the night before so that it can thaw (or just run it under some hot water if you forget…GUILTY). And there you have it…you’ve got a hassle free, family dinner ready to go!